Orange County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
While motorcycles come with a sense of adventure and freedom, the riders are at risk of serious injuries in an accident. If you have been harmed in a crash that is caused by somebody else and are looking to learn about maximizing your recovery, an Orange County motorcycle accident lawyer from DeWitt Algorri & Algorri can help.
Our law firm handles motorcycle accident claims for victims in Orange County, California, and beyond. No matter the circumstances, we can evaluate your situation and help you determine how best to proceed based on your unique circumstances. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more.
Making a timely injury claim regarding motorcycle accidents is critical to the success of your matter. Insurance companies often use lags in time to destroy evidence, or poke holes in the legitimacy and severity of your claim. The first few days after a tragedy are an important footrace against insurance companies to obtain evidence necessary for you to get justice. It’s critical for you to contact DeWitt Algorri & Algorri today at 855-WINNING (855-946-6464) or file a claim now here. Our team has handled thousands of personal injury matters throughout California since 1979 – we are the BIG GUNS that other law firms call when they need an experienced and consistently successful firm.
The Consequences of Motorcycle Accidents in Orange County
No matter what type of motorcycle accident you have been in, you are likely suffering physically, emotionally, and financially. Consider working with an attorney to have the best possible chance at recovery.
Motorcyclists are at risk for severe injuries after a crash. Even with protective gear and a helmet, the injuries can still be debilitating because of the exposure to the roadway, other surfaces, and the elements. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Road rash
- Head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Crushed limbs
- Severe lacerations or contusions
After a motorcycle accident, it is imperative to seek medical attention no matter your state. Remember that not all injuries are visible or immediately noticeable. Having an official medical evaluation and diagnosis will not only ensure your injuries are appropriately treated but will support your claim when it is time to seek compensation for your losses.
Any vehicular accident can result in emotional trauma for the victim. While physical injuries will often heal over time after initial medical intervention, emotional trauma can be more challenging to tackle. Often, motorcyclists involved in accidents suffer from the following:
- Debilitating anxiety
- Mood changes
- Appetite changes
- Sleep disturbances
The impact of emotional trauma varies. It can make it difficult to return to work, even after a person has been cleared by their doctor from their physical injuries. Some accident victims may choose to undergo therapy or speak with their doctor about medication. Unfortunately, treatment is often costly.
The physical injuries and emotional trauma endured from a motorcycle accident can cause significant financial losses.
To start, the victim may be unable to return to work for some time and suffer lost wages. In addition to the lost income, medical bills may continue to pile up–especially if the injuries were severe and required multiple procedures or surgeries or an extended hospital stay. There is also the cost of property damage to consider and the impact of pain and suffering.
When you work with an Orange County lawyer, they will consider all of your losses to determine a fair valuation of your claim to ensure you have the best possible chance at recovery.
The Benefits of Working With an Attorney
While you have the right to pursue a motorcycle accident claim on your own, it is recommended to work with a well-versed attorney. Doing so will improve your chances of pursuing a successful claim, as well as the following:
- Navigate the insurance claim. Insurance claims are notoriously difficult to work with. It is important to remember that adjusters’ goal is to protect their bottom line, so they will try different strategies to reduce your compensation. Your attorney will manage the discussions and paperwork with the insurance company so nothing is said that could potentially jeopardize your case.
- Maximize your settlement. When it comes to settling a motorcycle accident claim, you want a strong negotiator on your side. Your attorney will ensure they have the evidence needed to prove your claim’s valuation.
- Pursue a lawsuit if settlement is not possible. If it is impossible to reach a fair settlement, your lawyer can explain the litigation process and help you file a lawsuit in court. While doing so will extend the length of time it takes to ultimately resolve your legal matter, it may be the only way to ensure you receive the compensation you need to get your life back in order.
- Meet the statute of limitations. If you choose to pursue a lawsuit, you will need to do so within California’s statute of limitations. For personal injury claims, victims have two years from the date of the accident to take action. Your lawyer will ensure you are timely with your filings so your compensation is not put in jeopardy.
Learn More From an Orange County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you know has been involved in a wreck, an Orange County motorcycle accident attorney from our law firm can help. We understand the intricacies of building an accident claim, and we will guide you through the process and ensure you know what you are entitled to recover. Contact a lawyer from DeWitt Algorri & Algorri at 855-WINNING (855-946-6464) or contact us online to learn more about your legal rights and options.