Pasadena Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When you choose a surgeon, pick a place to give birth, or prepare for any other type of medical care, you place your trust in highly trained professionals. You should be able to rest easy, knowing that your medical needs are in qualified hands. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case.
Every year, tens of thousands of people pursue medical malpractice cases against someone they once trusted. At DeWitt Algorri & Algorri, we understand the pain these patients feel and recognize the uphill battle they face when it comes to getting compensation. Our team of Pasadena medical malpractice attorneys is committed to helping victims pursue justice when they have been wronged by a medical professional.
We fight aggressively on behalf of medical malpractice victims. In one medical malpractice and wrongful death case, we secured a 4.1 million dollar verdict in a failure to diagnose a leaking aneurysm.
. Our ongoing work in personal injury has secured the firm a rating of AV Preeminent® with Martindale-Hubbell®, and three of our attorneys are part of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Several of the firm’s attorneys are also included on the Southern California Super Lawyers list. Find out how we can put our extensive experience and advocacy to work for you. Call us at 855-WINNING or submit a contact form to schedule a consultation now.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
A patient may have a valid medical malpractice claim whenever a doctor’s failure to provide reasonable care leads to measurable damages, but some errors in judgment are more common than others. Some of the medical malpractice claims we regularly see in the Pasadena area include:
- Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis: These claims occur when a doctor fails to diagnose an illness properly or makes a diagnosis so late that a patient’s condition worsens. This is extremely common in the world of medical malpractice and often leads to a patient receiving unnecessary care or not getting the care they need.
- Failure to treat: When doctors do not order proper diagnostic tests, allow patients to leave without treatment, or do not support patients in follow-up care, they may be accused of failing to treat patients properly.
- Childbirth deaths and injuries: The United States is one of the most dangerous places to give birth, and OB/GYN malpractice puts mothers at even greater risk. Waiting too long to induce a patient, perform a C-section, or treat postpartum issues can cause the death of a mother or child.
- Medication errors: These errors include giving the wrong medication, giving it in the incorrect form, providing it to the wrong patient, and using an incorrect dosage.
- Surgical errors: Doctors who operate on the incorrect body part, leave medical tools inside a patient, or fail to follow proper safety protocols put patients at serious risk of death or injury.
Pursuing Compensation after Medical Malpractice in Pasadena
If you suffered an injury because of a care provider’s poor judgment, you may be entitled to compensation. Your Pasadena medical malpractice attorney can evaluate your claim and tell you if you have a chance at recovering compensation. Generally, a claim is evaluated by considering what other medical providers with similar training and experience would have done in the situation your care provider was in. If your care provider’s actions were significantly different from what an educated, experienced provider would be expected to do, you may have a case.
Compensation varies, depending on the details of your case. You may receive money for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. Note that the state of California limits pain and suffering awards, but payout caps will increase each year beginning in 2023.
Yes, You Need a Pasadena Medical Malpractice Attorney—Here’s Why
Medical malpractice is an extraordinarily complicated area of law. Attorneys in this field need an extensive knowledge of both the law and medical care. Without an attorney fighting for you, you are at the mercy of the healthcare system that wronged you. In order to prevent a lawsuit, providers have been known to falsify documentation, lie about a patient’s experience, or work with other medical professionals to hide damning evidence. This makes it nearly impossible for you to get fair compensation through direct communication with the care provider.
The medical malpractice lawyers at DeWitt Algorri & Algorri in Pasadena, California are only concerned with getting you what you deserve. We’re ready to cut through the red tape for you.
Choose DeWitt Algorri & Algorri to Fight for You
If a medical error has left you out of work and with an ever-growing pile of medical bills, it’s time to talk to DeWitt Algorri & Algorri. We know what it takes to hold medical providers accountable and get justice for their injured patients. Contact our team right now to talk about your case and come up with a plan.