Orange County Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents happen so quickly that it can be difficult for the victim to process what has happened. If you have been involved in a crash because of another driver’s negligence, an Orange County car accident lawyer from DeWitt Algorri & Algorri can help. Depending on your injuries and losses, you may be able to file a claim to seek monetary recovery. Contact us today to learn more.
Making a timely injury claim regarding car accidents is critical to the success of your matter. Insurance companies often use lags in time to destroy evidence, or poke holes in the legitimacy and severity of your claim. The first few days after a tragedy are an important footrace against insurance companies to obtain evidence necessary for you to get justice. It’s critical for you to contact DeWitt Algorri & Algorri today at 855-WINNING (855-946-6464) or file a claim now here. Our team has handled thousands of personal injury matters throughout California 1979 – we are the BIG GUNS that other law firms call when they need an experienced and consistently successful firm.
Our Pasadena car accidents attorneys handle matters involving:
Types of Car Accidents in Orange County
The type of car accident you were in will play a role in your personal injury claim. Your lawyer will determine what type of accident you were in and why. The more severe the accident and related injuries, the higher your claim may be valued. Some of the most common types of accidents we see in Orange County include:
- Rear-end collisions. Rear-end collisions are among the most common. They typically occur at stop signs and traffic lights when the following car does not stop in time and hits the car in front of them.
- T-bone accidents. T-bone accidents are likely at intersections or when drivers fail to yield correctly. The individuals in the impacted vehicle are more likely to sustain serious injuries.
- Rollovers. Rollover accidents are more likely to occur with larger vehicles with a high center of gravity. Large trucks like tractor-trailers that rollover may crush cars nearby.
- Sideswipes. Sideswipe accidents tend to occur on multi-lane roadways like interstate highways and freeways. If a driver is not careful when they merge or they miss a vehicle in their blind spot, they may hit the side of another car. Depending on the collision, both cars could lose control.
- Multi-vehicle Crashes. Multi-vehicle accidents most often happen on highways with increased speed limits. When one vehicle hits another, especially in heavy traffic, either vehicle could lose control and strike others in the vicinity.
No matter what type of accident you were in, it is crucial to consider contacting an attorney to learn about your right to recover compensation for your losses. The sooner you get in touch, the better your chances are of pursuing a successful claim.
Filing a Car Accident Insurance Claim
Filing a car accident claim against an insurance company can be intimidating. Insurance companies are focused on their bottom line, so they will likely try to reduce your settlement as much as possible. Fortunately, an attorney can handle the paperwork and conversations on your behalf, so you don’t have to worry about getting taken advantage of by the insurance provider.
In California, car accident claims are based on comparative negligence. A successful claim will demonstrate the following:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care to operate their vehicle safely.
- The other driver breached that duty.
- The other driver’s actions caused your accident.
- You suffered injuries and monetary losses because of the accident.
It is important to remember that you only have two years from the accident in California to take legal action. If your injuries or damages were caused by a public entity then you have only six (6) months in which to file a claim. Don’t wait. Get in touch with an Orange County attorney to ensure you have the chance to pursue compensation.
Common Misconceptions About Car Accident Claims
Too many car accident victims are hesitant to pursue a claim because of common misconceptions about car accident cases. Examples include:
- “I cannot afford a lawyer.” Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not pay us a penny unless we win your case. If successful, we will collect payment from your settlement, so you never have to worry about paying out of pocket.
- “I cannot recover because I am partially at fault.” Accident victims in California are eligible for compensation even if they are 99% responsible for the crash.
- “I do not have a case because I do not have pain.” It is essential to understand that pain is not always immediate after an accident, and not all injuries are visible. It is highly recommended to seek medical attention after an accident, even if you are not visibly injured. You could have unseen injuries that could worsen if not addressed. Ensuring all injuries are documented will help your claim.
When you work with our attorneys, we will explain your rights and ensure you receive comprehensive legal representation to obtain the best possible outcome.
Get Help From an Orange County Car Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you loved has been injured in a car accident in Orange County, our attorneys are here to help. Our car accident attorney’s understand the challenges that accident victims face, and we are prepared to provide you with the legal guidance and representation you need to recover as fully as possible. Contact a lawyer from DeWitt Algorri & Algorri at 855-WINNING (855-946-6464) or contact us online to set up a free case evaluation.